Highly Sensitive people make perfect visionary leaders, in fact, I'm sure that every real visionary leader in the past, in small or great scale, was HSP.
Visionary leader is someone who doesn't rely only on analytical knowledge, experience and information to lead. The greatest tools of a visionary leader is intuition, inspiration and love.
A visionary leader doesn't need to push things, doesn't need to command, he/she just leads or shows the way.
Most of the visionary leaders today are trying to cover the vision behind logic and practical methods, because they know that if they reveal their real leading nature they will not be accepted. In fact, they prefer to declare astrology than intuition as their source.
I'm not intending to analyze much the value of this kind of leadership, I'm more interested to speak to the ones who suspect that they have the talent to be, or intuitively they follow their heart, but always thinking that they are wrong.
There are many people among us who, while they are visionary, they never managed to be leaders (not with the meaning of bosses but rather guides). And this is a great loss for everyone because the one who leads or guides based on intuition or inspiration and not on (usually corrupt) logic, can give real valuable solutions locally or globally.
The attributes of a visionary leader are, open mind and it is open to every thought, no matter how irrational it may sound, profound perception of reality, understanding and acceptance of people around them, even if they have another way of thinking and a strong sense of purpose.
So you are born leader? Maybe under other circumstances you could lead or guide? The real reason that you are disarmed is because your self-esteem is very low. You receive all the time messages from within about how things should be but according to your experience if you share your ideas you will be in great trouble. The problem is that during your childhood you were not accepted, not understood and you stepped back to let the "grownups" take care.
My instructions are
- You don't need to be accepted in order to have value.
- What you feel and possibly suppress are all right, let them come up.
- Every time you feel trapped inside, just remember how powerful you were feeling as child before abuse made you close yourself. If you still have difficulties just observe how children are functioning.
- Analytical logic is not always right, common sense is.
- People who make you feel wrong are not right (nobody who is right will make someone else feel wrong).
- Find people who think the same way as you and exchange ideas with them.
- Question everything they tell you, never accept anything without asking your intuition first.
- When the time comes that something important must be done and everyone else runs away, take over. Your intuition will guide you because in emergency the doubts disappear. When emergency is over you decide what to do, but observe how the "little you" vanished that moment.
- The part of yourself that tells you to stay aside is not yours, you have adopted it since the time they told you that you are not enough. You can get rid of it when you decide.
- Ask for help, from someone who can accept you and let you lead the way to feel yourself again. Don't allow anyone to correct you, to use magic or suspicious mind techniques or the, so called, positive thinking. Only responsibility needs, no recipes.
- Find time to be with yourself, create quiet moments where you can hear your inner voice and release useless thoughts and emotions.
- The fact that you are leading never makes you superior or better.
- Live in the present, remember the past and plan the future, never mix them up.